21 Best Practices for High-Conversion Landing Page
There are so many elements that a top-notch landing page needs, and making
those elements the “best” they can be often depends on what your landing page goals are.
Landing pages are a fundamental — and undeniable — part of a successful inbound marketing strategy. They are the hub of your lead generation efforts, and that’s why every campaign you run and offer you create should be tied to a custom landing page — as opposed to an ambiguous homepage where visitors have to guess what to do next.
Take form length, for example. It’s just one of the many components you need to optimize, but best practices will tell you that both short and long forms perform well
- Make sure the primary headline of your landing page matches the ad visitors clicked to get there.
- Formulate your call to action (CTA) big and position it above the fold.
- Use directional cues to direct attention to your CTA (arrows or photos/videos of people looking or pointing at your button).
- For lead gen forms where the CTA is below the fold (e.g. due to a long form) – make the directional cue point down the page to the button.
- A landing page should have a single purpose and thus a single focused message.
- Congruence: every element of your page should be aligned conceptually with the topic and goal of the page.
- Show your product/service being used in context.
- Use video. It’s been shown to improve conversion by up to 80%.
- Edit to remove unnecessary content. Be succinct.
- Use real testimonials for authenticity.
- Show social proof via indicators of your social status.
- Test new ideas using A/B testing. Let your customers decide which message works best for them.
- Provide a free trial. Try-before-you-buy is a standard and expected feature.
- Provide a guarantee to reduce/remove risk.
- Include partner co-branding to increase trust by association.
- Simplify your copy using bullets.
- If you are selling a book, or giving away an eBook via lead gen, provide a preview to increase trust show that you are proud of your product.
- Segment by traffic source. Send your PPC, email, social media, organic and banner traffic to separate landing pages for better message match and measurability (which channel performs best)
- Segment by user type: don’t send offers about men’s health products to the ladies on your email list.
- Show your phone number so people know you are real and can interact with you on a personal level.
- Finally, don’t send inbound traffic to your homepage. Use a landing page!
Get in touch with us for your marketing campaign and our professional team will design and develop High-Conversion Landing Pages for your business.