SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer, now-a-days the term SSL is known for both TLS (Transport Layer Security). Both the protocols encrypt the data and hence provide safer communication in the Network.
What are the types of the SSL?
To get most out of your SSL certificates, SSL comes in various configurations and various variants. Most common types of SSL are DV, EV and OV types.
DV SSL (or Domain Verified SSL):
Domain verified SSL verify your identity by matching it with that of whois of the Domain Name.
Features of Domain Verified SSL:
- DV SSL are issued within 5 minutes
- DV SSL is easy to verify.
- DV SSL does not include legal paperwork
- DV SSL only encrypt network, thus includes no identity checkup and hence, cannot be trusted.
EV SSL (or Extended Verified SSL):
Extended verified SSL verify your identity by submitting the proof of your business that is attested by renowned Charted Accountants Agencies. They’ll match the details with the Databases hosted by them.
Features of Extended Verified SSL:
- EV SSL are issued within 1-3 Business Days
- EV SSL is easy to verify as compared to OV.
- EV SSL include less legal paperwork as compared to OV
- EV SSL encrypt network, and provides green bar with name of legal entity verified.
OV SSL (or Organization Verified SSL):
Organization verified SSL verify your identity by submitting the proof of your business that is attested by renowned Charted Accountants Agencies. Additionally OV type SSL verifies your Physical Address and Physical Identity.
Features of Organization Verified SSL:
- OV SSL are issued within 5-7 Business Days
- OV SSL is toughest to verify as it requires lot of legal paperwork.
- OV SSL encrypt network, and provides green bar with name of legal entity verified.
Why do we need SSL Certificates?
The main advantage of using a SSL Certificate is that it encrypts all the data transferring to-and-fro from the server. Thus making your session and information with the website Secure.
Apart from this, SSL Certificates help you in the following:
- Boosting your Search Ranking in Search Results.
- Building Trust among your Customers